Friday 18 February 2011

Winter Gallery


Posted by Jude

I haven't added anything in a while so I thought that I would post a few pictures that I took over Christmas. It's hard to believe, looking at it now that there was as much snow as this. However I do remember the December day well, that I put on about 7 layers of clothing and ventured out, just before sunset, onto Middle Braniel Road near Gilnahirk to take these landscapes. Sensibly, no other cars were on the road which hadn't been gritted - the higher I ventured to try to get above the sunset, the more I started to worry about making it home!

As much as I think the winter skies below are beautiful, I can't wait for the warmer weather. It's much easier to use the camera without the woolly gloves......









All the shoes after an afternoon of sleighing with Jack, Abby, Daniel, Dougie & Brian at Knockbracken. Everyone made it back in one piece for hot chocolate it front of the fire.


The City Hall on Christmas Eve, before Brian and I went to the Carol Service at St. Anne's Cathedral. The church is beautiful, but it was freezing inside - hard to sing with chattering teeth!



No comments:

Post a Comment