Sunday 6 February 2011

Fergus - The Lastest Arrival

Dan, Rachel & I have wanted a dog for as long as, well, Dan and Rach have been around really.  Elaine has always vetoed the subject and always for very sensible reasonsBut a recent chink in the armour of the argument resulted in the decision to get a dog being made very quicklyIn like 20 minutes or so it seemed.  These chinks appear rather infrequently and must always be acted upon immediately should they disappear! 

So we have a dog, a Miniature Schnauzer no less.  We all had a say in what name we chose though if Rachel had her way he would be called Hiya!  A robust discussion (typical for us Douglas's we all had very strong opinions, so consequently we all fell out for about 10 minutes) took place and Dan's idea was the best.  He didn't think it was his best idea, naturally but it was the one we all agreed on.  Dan's choice of Fergus was made because Massey Ferguson's have always played a big part in my life.  

From I was 4 until abut 12 if I wasn't wearing some uniform or other I was usually found in my Massey Ferguson boiler suit, that got replaced every year at Balmoral show.  I went to my wedding on a grey fergie and bought suits to match, see above and we live less than 1 mile from where Harry Ferguson (Massey's creator for the non tractor loving fraternity) was born and raised.  I was so proud that I finally have my son indoctrinated against any other type of tractor and I will continue to try to convince him that Leeds Utd are the best team in the world.

Fergus has stolen our hearts, quite simply.  Honestly I looked down at him on Friday night and realised my heart was gone.  Hes' so content with us and us with him.  I can't believe how happy Dan is to have him around.  He thinks his late Grandpa Jimmy Mac helped arrange things as he still talks to him in his head.  He arrived on Friday at lunchtime and has been brilliant every since.  Enjoy the photos and he'll be a good excuse to post more often than I have been.





Monkey bit the dust!


No comments:

Post a Comment