Tuesday 28 June 2011

Annie's Family sitting

Posted by Jude

I knew that my good friend Annie comes from a large family so when she asked me to take a photograph of her Mum and Dad with all their grandchildren I knew that it might be a challenge - but nothing compared to photographing a full class of preschoolers. "How many are there again?" I asked Annie - "Oh only 17.".......!

Off I headed down to South Armagh one Sunday morning with the studio ready for action. After being warmly welcomed into the house and greeting many, many people and children ranging from babies to teenagers I began to think about how to assemble this photograph. As there were so many kids to make smile my initial thought was to take the photo in little groups and photoshop them together like we do for school groups (check out our other website www.coolforschoolphotography.com), but then I thought what the heck - everyone pile in!

Firstly - apologies to all the parents who I had to banish from the room! My only aim was to try to get the kids looking and smiling at me and not their mummy! Secondly - thank goodness for such a photogenic, smiley family with really well behaved kids. I had a lovely morning and got some great shots of the family. Now if you ever need a babysitter.....







Posted by Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment